The Ohio School Breakfast Challenge (OSBC) is a state-wide challenge for all Ohio schools to increase and sustain student participation in the School Breakfast Program by implementing breakfast strategies customized to meet the unique needs of their schools. Ohio FCCLA has partnered with OSBC as the 2019-2020 State Project. Students will create and implement strategies that have a real world impact on their community with measurable sustainable results. This State Project can serve as a classroom assignment, Career Development Event, State Projects Award and students can track service hours through the Service Learning Portal.
Since OSBC began, breakfast participation in Ohio has steadily increased with 32,000 more students participating in school breakfast over the last 5 years. 9,000 more students were served school breakfast in school year 2016, a 2% increase from the previous year.
- Register Ohio School Breakfast Challenge Projects
- Visit for the facts on how Breakfast impacts student achievement
- Identify a strategy the unique needs of your school or district
- Design your project on the FCCLA National Partner project design tool for additional support and grant opportunities
- Apply State Project Application
Lead4Change – National Outreach Project
The Lead4Change Student Leadership Program is the nation’s leading and fastest growing free leadership and service program. Aligned to education standards and 21st century skills, Lead4Change will create a transformation in your students and real change in your community.
Lead4Change provides leadership lessons with a community service project framework. The process is easy, using these start to finish steps:
- Create your member profile
- Access and teach the lessons (lessons can be student led)
- Share you students’ story in the Lead4Change Challenge
The Lead4Change Challenge awards teams up to $10,000 for their school or charity. Service projects are often used for Career Development Events with many teams becoming State and National winners!